Monitoringclub.org | How to Create a Gmail Account – Technological developments make the process of sending messages faster. Email is one of the tangible forms of this technological development. This change in the way of sending messages digitally helps speed up activities, both on business and educational trips.
Gmail is one of the email services with the largest number of users. With a large storage capacity, Gmail is increasingly in demand. Gmail allows users to access its services via the website as well as applications that can be downloaded on Android and iOS.
Want to know more about Gmail? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Check out the following information, OK!
A Brief History of Gmail
Gmail is one of Google’s electronic mail services. This service was launched by Google using an invitation system in Beta form on April 1, 2004. Google only made this service available to the public on February 7, 2007, and no longer used the Beta system on July 7, 2009.
Gmail provides a large storage capacity at the start of its launch, which is 1 GB per user. Google Mail became an email sending service that had the largest free storage standard than its competitors at that time, which was 2-4 MB. Meanwhile, for file attachments, Gmail sets a maximum limit of up to 25 MB.
If the size of the file you want to send is more than 25 MB, Gmail recommends using the Google Drive service. This service can be accessed by people who have a specific link. With authority can change the contents of the file or can only view it.
Until June 2012, Gmail became the electronic mail service with the highest number of users. There are 425 million active users worldwide. This number is rumored to increase in 2022 and will continue to increase with time.
Benefits of Gmail for Everyday Needs
The increasing number of Gmail users cannot be separated from the benefits offered by this service made by Google. Some of the benefits of Gmail for everyday purposes include:
- As a service to send and receive messages
- Services for verifying personal identity
- It can be used as a marketing medium
- Useful as media registration for various sites
- Provides easy access
- Can track lost devices
- Increase work productivity even moderate offline
As one of the best digital messaging services, Gmail comes with various features to pamper users. This feature is rumored to be continuously updated to improve the experience of using Gmail. The features that Gmail users can take advantage of include:
1. Integrated with Google Products
Every service provided by Google is integrated with each other. By having a Gmail account, you can access all products from Google. You don’t need to create a new Gmail account to access each product, because you can use the old account.
One of the Google products that can be used is Google Meet. You can use this product by logging in to your Gmail account. This product makes it easy to communicate via video calls.
2. Minimal SPAM
Gmail is a Google product that can automatically separate SPAM and non-SPAM emails. Emails that are included in the SPAM class will not go to the main email. So, users will not miss important emails in their inbox.
To find out the number of SPAM emails that come in every day, users can check the “Junk” column. Whether or not spam depends on how often the user registers the email on a particular site. It’s called spam email, it’s better not to open it, especially if the sender is not clear to avoid account hacking.
3. Offer Priority Service
Gmail users can enjoy priority services offered by Google. For example, there is no need to fill in personal data, create username, or password if you want to register on the Pinterest platform. Personal data is automatically integrated, so users don’t need to create a new Gmail account for the Pinterest list.
The existence of this priority service clearly saves time. If it works login, You can enjoy the features offered by the Pinterest platform via the website as well as the application. If you don’t have an account, you need to create a new Gmail account so you can enjoy this service.
4. Provide Search Technology on Google
Want to find other user’s email? It’s easy, because Google provides automatic search technology for users who have a Gmail account. Simply by typing the user’s first name, Google will suggest email addresses from several users.
Just choose which email address to go to. It will be even easier if you have already sent emails to other Gmail users. You can copy paste email address when you want to compose a new message.
5. Features Conversation View
Another feature offered is conversation view availability. This is a message sorting feature by conversation. By using this feature, users can access e-mail based on their respective forms of conversation.
No need to worry, because the replies from the conversation are not separated. The contents of the email are still a single unit according to the subject of the email. So, users can see the contents of the email as a whole easily.
Advantages of Gmail
The increasing number of Gmail users is not only limited to its increasing features. But, also because of the various advantages offered. The advantages of Gmail compared to other digital email platforms include:
- Has a large storage capacity of up to 15 GB with attachment limits files of 25MB
- Have malware and antivirus, so there will be a notification to the user every time there is a suspicious incoming email
- Users are allowed to have more than one Gmail account
- Users can login to multiple Gmail accounts at once
- Equipped with a stable resource, so website not easy down when used
- New emails will automatically come in without having to refresh, where the position of the latest email is at the very top
Disadvantages of Gmail
The name of digital services, of course, has some drawbacks. Well, this shortcoming is a separate evaluation for Google so that it can continue to improve its Gmail product. The shortcomings of Gmail that may be rarely known, include:
- There are certain ads within Gmail located on Promotion tabs. This ad can be displayed or not
- Some emails that are not included in the spam category are included in spam. Users must check the email in the “Junk” folder first before deleting it
- Need a fast and stable internet connection, especially if incoming messages are large files
How to Create a Gmail Account
Already have a Gmail account? If you don’t have one yet, here’s how to create a Gmail account that you can follow. Easy, really!
- First of all, create a Google account via your smartphones or website.
- Click the “create an account” option
- Enter your real name
- In the “username” section, please fill in the desired email address. Usually Gmail will recommend certain email addresses that can be used or ignore.
- Leave the “@gmail.com” tag
- Enter the password and confirm
- Click the “next” button to add or verify the phone number used (optionally)
- Click “next”, the Gmail account was created successfully
Tips for Creating a New Gmail Account
Create a new Gmail account is very easy, right? To be safer, here are some tips for creating a new Gmail account that you need to know.
- We recommend choosing a password that is a combination of letters, numbers, and punctuation marks to increase security
- Provide accurate information so that Google can maintain the security of your account
- Avoid email addresses that have already been used as this will cause the account creation process to fail
Sending Digital Messages are Easy with Gmail
Want to send messages for business, personal, or educational needs? Gmail is a reliable digital mailing platform. Moreover, this product made by Google provides superior features accompanied by various benefits that can be obtained by users.
The Gmail application can be downloaded from the Play Store or App Store which allows users to access this service through the application. The existence of an application makes sending emails faster, more effective, and more efficient. Hopefully the information about Gmail that has been explained helps, huh!