Monitoringclub.org | How To Screenshot on A Windows Laptop – Screenshots are widely used to capture image objects, video footage, and so on, which will be archived in the form of photos or JPG format. This screenshot method will certainly be very helpful for all-online activities like today.
How to screenshot on laptop actually very simple and can be done with tools that is on a laptop or PC without having to use additional applications. Here’s an easy way to screenshot a laptop or PC screen on a Windows-based device.
How To Screenshot on A Windows Laptop
Using the Print Screen key (PrtScr) is the most commonly used method. The Print Screen (PrtScr) button is found on the keyboard of a laptop or Windows PC, usually at the top right. Here’s how:
- Press the Print Screen (PrtScr) key on the keyboard to take a screenshot of the entire desired desktop screen.
- Then open the Microsoft Paint application, then press Paste or Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot image onto the screen.
- At this stage, you can adjust or edit the screenshot image. For example, crop to fit
- If so, select “Menu” at the top left of the screen > click File > Save. Or the quick way, you can just press the combination shortcuts “Ctrl+S” to save the screenshot.
- Add filename.
- Then Save in JPEG format.
- Click Save.
The screenshot method with the Print Screen button is complete. You can find the results in the folder where you saved it.
Alt key + Print Screen
The next way How To Screenshot on A Windows Laptop is to use “Alt + Print Screen”. This method can be done if you want to capture the screen on the active window. The method:
- Open the window or file you want to screenshot
- Press the Alt + Prt Scr key combination to save the image on the clipboard
- Open Microsoft Paint to save the image
- Finally, save the image in JPEG format.
Windows Key + Print Screen
This laptop/PC screen screenshot method is more practical than the previous method because you don’t need to open Microsoft Paint to save screenshots.
- Open the page or window that you want to screenshot.
- Press the “Windows+Prt Scr” key
- When the screen flashes, the screenshot process is successful and the results will be directly stored in the screenshot directory.
Windows Key + Shift + S
The next way How to screenshot on the laptop is to press the “Windows + Shift + S” or known as Snip & Sketch. Snip & Sketch is the default Windows screenshot application. The method:
- Open the page you want to screenshot
- Press the “Windows + Shift + S” key combination to launch the Snip & Sketch app
- After the screen turns gray and the cursor changes to a + icon, drag or drag the area you want to screenshot
- After that, you can save the file by clicking the Save icon.
That’s how to take a screenshot on a -based laptop Windows without application. Please try.