Monitoringclub.org | What is Chat GPT? ChatGPT is a chatbot feature provided by Open AI and is very popular these days. Claimed to be able to replace human work, ChatGPT can indeed perform various tasks in a short time.
Starting by answering math questions, recommending answers to user questions to providing jokes according to the theme requested.
Have you ever tried it? If not, here is an article that reviews what Open AI is, how to use it and its advantages and disadvantages. Curious? Read to the end!
What is Open AI?
Before moving on to ChatGPT, of course we have to know what Open AI is first. Open AI is a company owned by Sam Altman and Elon Musk which was founded in 2015.
Despite its advanced features, this research company is a non-profit. The goal is of course to provide AI (artificial intelligence) which provides many benefits to mankind.
Still talking about Open AI, this company was founded on the concerns of its founders about the dangerous potential of AI. After that, Open AI was born 8 years ago.
If you don’t know, Open AI is a company that released ChatGPT to the public, so we can all use it.
What is Chat GPT?
Having an extension for a generative pre-trained transformer, ChatGPT offers a variety of interesting features to explore.
These various ChatGPT features from Open AI can make our work easier as long as we know how to use them.
However, before getting into that, it’s a good idea to know how ChatGPT works. Is it true that he can converse like a human?
ChatGPT is artificial intelligence that uses a conversational format. We can ask any questions and he will respond to them.
Sophisticated, ChatGPT can correct its own answers if it feels the answer is wrong, refuse to answer questions that are inappropriate, and answer various keywords in the same style as the questioner.
In addition, ChatGPT also has the ability to provide different answers on 1 keyword topic. So, it is sensitive to keyword adjustments.
In other words, we can get answers by correcting the choice of words that are input.
Benefits of ChatGPT
What can we do with ChatGPT? So, ChatGPT is a chatbot that can provide the following benefits.
1. Write a cover letter and resume according to the company you are applying for
Of course, this process is a tiring process of job seeking activities. But you can use ChatGPT to help you write job applications and resumes.
2. Become a music composer and make your songs
Want to work in the field of art and music? Maybe you will need ChatGPT to write a song.
You can ask ChatGPT to write songs based on the theme you like.
3. Helping programmers solve code issues
For programmers, ChatGPT can also contribute to solving code problems. Just input the code that will be debugged and you just have to wait for the results.
Apart from that, ChatGPT can also write down the code for immediate use.
4. Answer math questions
Mathematics is a difficult subject for many people. Now we can use ChatGPT to solve math problems, so we can learn directly from it.
5. Giving advice about life and other aspects
If you need love advice or something else, but don’t have friends, you can use ChatGPT to listen to your complaints and give suggestions.
Of course, the advice given isn’t necessarily something you can use right away! You can take it as a distraction or take a few points that you think are right.
6. Re-explaining a concept in a simple form
If you are in college and find a complex concept, you can ask ChatGPT to re-explain it in simple terms.
As a result, we will get an explanation of complex concepts in easy-to-understand word choices.
7. Write an essay
If you want to write an essay, but need to study references first. You can ask AI to make it for you.
After getting these examples, you can write your essay according to the background knowledge you have.
8. Make a joke, according to the desired topic
One of the advantages of ChatGPT is that it can write jokes just like humans. Then you can show this joke to your friends or you can also fight jokes with the AI that is currently being hit. Interested in trying?
Advantages and Disadvantages of ChatGPT
Apart from the benefits described above, there are also some advantages and disadvantages of ChatGPT below.
Advantages of ChatGPT
Sensitive to query customization
We can feel the sensitivity to changes in this query, especially when we don’t get answers to certain questions. In these conditions, we can input different questions with the same meaning, so that AI understands the questions.
Language style is not rigid
Apart from offering various answers to user questions, AI is also able to make human-friendly answers, namely by following the style of human language in general.
AI is known for its very fast response. In this case, of course users will get answers in a short time and keep coming back to the AI website to get answers to more questions.
Disadvantages of ChatGPT
Could give the wrong answer
Did you know that ChatGPT has the risk of giving wrong answers? Despite its sophistication, ChatGPT has no censorship of truth. He speaks based on the input given to his machine, so we must remain skeptical with every answer.
Requires updating to understand current issues
ChatGPT may very well be unable to respond to some queries that have not been entered before. In this case, of course he will say he doesn’t know our question.
ChatGPT does not understand reality
Another drawback of ChatGPT is that it doesn’t understand reality. When typing how to repair a damaged motorbike engine, AI will provide answers based on the input. But that doesn’t mean that this artificial intelligence really knows it. As a result, the suggestions that appear may not be contextual with the existing damage.
How? Are you still curious about this AI made by Elon Musk? Remember that we must remain skeptical of all the answers that AI gives.
In addition, ChatGPT is an AI that was created to facilitate human tasks, so we don’t get too dependent on it and forget about it.
You can use it as a reference and reading material and keep cross-checking to validate any information that appears.
How to Use ChatGPT
So, to start using it, you don’t need to install it like downloading an application.
All you have to do is visit the website and then type in the keywords you want.
However, ChatGPT requires us to register before starting the search. The trick, we can use the easy login option with a Google account.
After that, enter the phone number. At this stage, we will receive a confirmation code that must be entered on the next page. Furthermore, we can enjoy the ChatGPT feature from Open AI.
How to Use ChatGPT in Google Docs and Sheets
- Open Google Docs, then open an existing document or create a new one. Click the Extensions menu > Add-ons > Get add-ons
- Then you will see the add-on installation window. Search for “ChatGPT” and click GPT for Sheets and Docs in the search results.
- Click the Install button to install the add-on to your Google Account. The installation process will not last long, just a few seconds.
- After that open a new tab in your browser and visit the API keys page on the OpenAI site or you can directly click this link https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys, and make sure you have logged in using your Open AI account.
- Click the Create new secret key button.
- A small window will appear containing the API key, click the copy button to copy it all.
- Back in Google Docs, click the Extensions tab > GPT3.5 Turbo for Sheets and Docs > Set API key.
- Paste the API key that you copied from the OpenAI site, then click the Save API key button.
- If you do the steps above correctly, then now you can use ChatGPT in Google Docs and Google Sheets. To bring up ChatGPT, click > GPT 3.5 Turbo for Sheets and Docs Extension > Launch sidebar.
- On the right sidebar you’ll see there’s a column for entering conversations with ChatGPT. You can use it to ask ChatGPT to do anything you want like draft emails, translate sentences, or something else.
- ChatGPT will automatically insert the results of its query into the currently opened document. This can speed up the process of working on documents.