How To Set Up Remote Desktop Windows 10 – Windows 10 has some very useful features that can help with day-to-day productivity. One of its interesting features is Remote Desktop for Windows 10.
By using this Remote Desktop, you can access a computer device in the form of a desktop computer or laptop remotely. You don’t need to be where the computer is located.
With Remote Desktop and an internet connection, you can access the computer while you’re at home. This is often done by IT support, when there is a problem with his computer equipment at the office while outside office hours or he is on vacation.
How To Set Up Remote Desktop Windows 10
Remote Desktop uses a protocol known as Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). This protocol allows you to be able to access the computer remotely. Remote Desktop does not need to be installed again in Windows 10. You must use the Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise version to use Remote Desktop.
Following method How To Set Up Remote Desktop Windows 10:
- First, make sure your Windows 10 version is yours by going to settings by Start – Settings – System – About Us. On this page you will find the edition of Windows 10 that you are using.
- If your Windows 10 version is Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, you can proceed to the next step to enable the Remote Desktop feature by Start – Settings – System. Then in the left menu, select Remote Desktop, and on the right page on the Enable Remote Desktop option it is selected on.
- Then click confirm when it appears pop up to confirm your choice. After that, Remote Desktop is active on your computer. Windows 10 will immediately do the settings default for the security of your computer when using Remote Desktop. You can set it manually in the settings menu that has been provided such as limiting user name or device who can access your computer. Don’t forget to give a user name that can access your computer so that no one else can access it.
- After Remote Desktop is active, then you can access the computer remotely.
- To access it you can install Microsoft Remote Desktop application on computers with Windows and Mac OS Operating Systems (OS). For Windows you can download from the Microsoft Store and for Mac OS it can be in the App Store.
- In addition to using a computer, you can also access it remotely using a smartphone, both smartphones with Android and iOS OS. For Android you can download the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on the Play Store while iOS on the App Store.
- When you have finished installing, you can connect to your computer that has remote desktop enabled by entering the computer name and user name.
You can now access your computer remotely. If you are an IT Support, you don’t have to worry anymore if there is a computer problem in your office. You can access the computer from where you are. Good luck.
People Are Also Looking For: