(1) live outside Japan and be able to receive NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN programs in Chinese/ Hindi / Swahili on radio or Internet;
(2) be aged 18 or older;
(3) be able to communicate in e-mails in English;
(4) be able to write monitor reports in Chinese/ Hindi / Swahili; and
(5) have a bank account which can receive money transfer made in Yen, U.S. Dollars, Euros, or Pounds Sterling.
Please note that:
* at present, NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN is not seeking monitors in the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Burmese, English, French, Japanese, Indonesian, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Urdu, and Vietnamese.
* only one person per one household is eligible to apply for only one category of NHK WORLD monitors. (There are NHK WORLD TV Program Monitors and NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN Program Monitors, as well as NHK WORLD Technical Monitors for which currently there is no public invitation for application. Therefore, if you are applying for NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN Program Monitor, you are asked to refrain from applying for NHK WORLD TV Program Monitor. Additionally, other family members of yours, whether your wife or sibling etc., is asked to refrain from applying for any of the NHK WORLD monitors.)
2. What are Monitors requested to do?
In principle, Monitors are requested to listen to two (2) NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN programs designated by NHK per month in the specific languages, write a report in the Form on their comments and opinions of such programs (300~400 words when converted to English) in the language used in the programs, and send it by e-mail.
3. Monitoring Period
For six(6) months from April 1, 2010 (Thursday) till September 30, 2010 (Thursday)
Monitors will be paid the remuneration of 2,500 Japanese Yen per each Monitoring Form submitted.
5. Application Method
Please read the Outline of the Work of NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN Program Monitors carefully. Then please fill in the mail form shown below for making an application. When doing so, you are requested to listen to one of the designated programs and write your comments and opinions on that program in the Form.
The Application Form is here
6. Application Period
From January 15, 2010 (Friday) till 11:00 (UTC) on February 12, 2010 (Friday).
7. Notification of Result
The appointment of Monitors will be made after a close examination of the Application Form. A notice informing the result will be sent by e-mail in early March, 2010.
8. On Handling of Personal Data/Information
Any personal data/information received at the time of application shall be used only for the purpose of monitor selection and related matters. It shall be carefully handled and never revealed to third parties. For more details about NHK’s policy on handling of personal data/information, please access http://www.nhk.or.jp/privacy/english/.
For inquiries about Monitor application, please use this form.
Source: Radio Japan NHK World