How To Make Pickled Cucumber – Pickled cucumber we can usually find as a complement to some dishes, such as satay, soto or fried rice.
Sometimes, we also find pickled cucumber with yellow seasoning which is usually combined with processed dishes of yellow gravy fish.
Besides being identical to its sour taste, pickled cucumber is also usually made with pieces of other vegetables, such as onions, carrots, and cayenne pepper.
Making it is also easy, we just need to slice it and mix it with vinegar.
For more details, see how to make pickled cucumber below.
How To Make Pickled Cucumber
1. Pickled cucumbers and carrots
The first pickles we can make are pickled cucumbers and carrots which are suitable as a companion to fried rice, satay, or soup.
Here are the ingredients and how to make pickled cucumber.
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 8 small red onions
- 15 pieces of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 10 tbsp boiled water
How to make
- Prepare the ingredients and wash thoroughly.
- Cut carrots and cucumbers according to taste. For cucumbers, remove the seeds.
- Dilute the vinegar according to the directions for use or to taste.
- Mix the pickle ingredients with the diluted salt, sugar and vinegar. Stir well.
- Store in the refrigerator until cold. Pickles are ready to be enjoyed as a complement to satay or fried rice dishes.
2. Pickled cucumber and carrot with yellow seasoning
Cucumber pickles can also be made with yellow spices, which is a perfect complement to the yellow gravy fish.
- 4 servings
- 5 medium size cucumbers
- 5 medium sized carrots
- 10 green chilies (whole) can be avoided for those who don’t like spicy
- 2 cm mushed galangal
- 1 mushed lemongrass
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tsp tamarind (only take the water)
- Water, salt, sugar and powdered broth to taste
- 8 red onions
- 4 garlics
- 4 pecans
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 segment of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
How to make
- Wash the carrots and cucumbers and cut them into long strips like matchsticks.
- Saute ground spices until fragrant.
- Add galangal, lemongrass, bay leaf & whole chili.
- Add enough water. Add carrots, saute briefly and let stand until carrots are slightly soft.
- Give tamarind hot water, stir. Then just take the water.
- Saute again with the carrots.
- Once the carrots are slightly tender, add the cucumbers. Saute briefly.
- Give enough salt, sugar and powdered broth/mushroom broth. Stir and taste test
- Turn off the stove, serve.
Related Post: 11 Combination of Foods To Help Lose Visceral Fat