Monitoringclub.org | How To Get Rid of Baby Body Odor – Baby famous for having a distinctive and fragrant body odor, so we want to always smell his body. Yes, newborn baby scent can even affect certain areas of the female brain.
A study led by Johannes Frasnelli and published in Frontiers in Psychology in 2013 revealed that smells are actually meant to protect babies themselves. Through his scent, the baby forms an emotional bond with the mother. This mechanism aims to ensure that he will be cared for by his parents.
So, why do babies have bad body odor?
Body odor conditions in babies can be normal because of the sweat glands that worked less normally when they were babies. Babies who emit an odor such as the smell of milk or sour, for example, are considered normal body odor.
The problem of body odor in babies can be a sign of your child experiencing several diseases. For example, diabetic ketoacidosis, phenylketonuria, trimethylaminuria, to isovaleric acidemia.
However, the baby’s body can also smell due to several other causes, such as exposure to pollution or hot air, dust, consumption of inappropriate food, dirty clothes, sweat, an unhygienic environment, poor diaper hygiene and metabolic disorders.
Well, to deal with bad baby body odor, let’s try to do some of these ways.
How To Get Rid of Baby Body Odor
- Bathe baby at least 2 times a day (morning and evening) using special baby soap and shampoo.
- After bathing, always dry the entire body using a towel and apply a moisturizer or baby lotion to keep the skin moist.
- If necessary, use baby powder to reduce sweating.
- When breastfeeding or eating, make sure your child wears an apron so that no leftover milk or food sticks to the body area or body folds.
- Clean the baby’s face and neck after eating using a clean cloth or tissue.
- During the summer, wear light baby clothes to avoid excessive sweating.
- Always wear clean and dry socks and shoes.
- Wash baby clothes frequently and dry well.
- Check the baby’s diaper at least every 2-3 hours. If it looks full, replace it immediately.
- Pat the baby’s genital area with a towel when changing diapers.
- Use a special baby cologne so your child smells fresher.
However, if you have done the various things above and there are no changes in your baby, it’s a good idea to immediately consult this problem with your doctor to get further action.