Monitoringclub.org | After C Section Recovery Tips – Recovery after cesarean section is generally longer than normal delivery. After carrying out a caesarean section, mothers who have just given birth usually have to be hospitalized for several days in the hospital.
So, to help the recovery process after a caesarean section, there are several steps that can be taken as follows.
After C Section Recovery Tips
To make the recovery process faster, you can do the following tips.
Get Enough Rest
In the recovery phase after giving birth sufficient rest time is very important to do. You have to get enough sleep each day.
- When your little one sleeps, you should also take a break. It is advisable to sleep in a comfortable position, you can sleep in a sideways position.
- In addition, make sure you also don’t do activities that can cause increased pressure on the abdominal cavity. Some of the activities in question include lifting heavy objects or going up and down stairs.
- Make sure to keep everything you and your baby need in an easy-to-reach place.
Treat Surgical Wounds
Caring for surgical scars must be done properly and correctly and is very important to do because it will affect recovery. How to care for surgical scars will usually be told by a doctor or nurse when you carry out recovery at home. Check out the tips on caring for scars from surgery below.
- The wound is cleaned slowly. The bandages must be changed regularly.
- Bathing or swimming should be avoided for at least 3 weeks after your surgery.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and not tight. For underwear, you can use cotton.
- To reduce discomfort in the surgical scar area, you can use a heating pad.
- If the surgical wound is painful, you should take the medicine prescribed by the doctor.
Do Light Activities
During the recovery period after a caesarean section, you are not recommended to do strenuous activities. If you do too much activity or do strenuous activity, it will make the recovery of stitches take longer.
- Therefore, you should avoid lifting heavy objects that exceed your little one’s weight during the recovery period.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sexual intercourse.
- Even so, that doesn’t mean you just sit there without doing any activity. The most important thing is that you have to be careful when moving so as not to cause pain in the surgical wound.
- You can move little by little, for example from a lying position to a sitting position or from a sitting position to a standing position. You can also walk slowly through the house. By walking the risk of blood clots, as well as problems with blood vessels after cesarean section will be reduced.
Manage Stress Well
For some mothers, the period after giving birth is quite difficult, especially for new mothers. So that not a few mothers who experience stress or anxiety. However, even so it is very important to manage emotions well.
- If you feel sad, stressed, anxious or frustrated after a caesarean section, you can express your feelings to your partner or those closest to you to make you more comfortable.
- If needed, you can also ask for help from a doctor or psychologist to deal with all the feelings you are experiencing.
Meet Nutritional Needs
Meeting nutritional needs will help speed up the recovery process. In addition, it will also help milk production.
- You should increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. In addition, you can also eat a variety of healthy foods that will make you stronger and more energetic.
- Not only that, you also have to increase your fluid intake. To increase milk production and prevent constipation.
- Give breast milk regularly to your baby to increase his immune system.
See a doctor
It is very important to know the danger signs after a caesarean section. If you experience some of the signs below, then immediately go to the doctor to get the right treatment.
- Have a high fever
- Pain when urinating
- There is intense pain in the area of the surgical wound
- There is swelling or redness in the surgical wound
- Severe bleeding from the vagina or surgical scars
- Hard to breathe
- Pus or smelly discharge from the surgical wound
- Swelling of the legs
Those are some After C Section Recovery Tips. By doing some of the tips above, recovery will be faster.